What is involved in Linux on z Systems
Find out what the related areas are that Linux on z Systems connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Linux on z Systems thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Linux on z Systems journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Linux on z Systems leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Linux on z Systems related domains to cover and 142 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Linux on z Systems, IBM Airline Control Program, Michigan Terminal System, GNU General Public License, Linux Documentation Project, Data center infrastructure management, IBM DPPX, Free software, Ubuntu User, Samba software, Linux user group, SAP R/3, Compatible Time-Sharing System, Computer-aided design, OpenSolaris for System z, Gentoo Linux, IBM 4690 OS, IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program, Linux Format, Linux startup process, Linux gaming, Open Source For You, The Code, OS/360 and successors, IBM Global Services, MFT II, Mean time between failures, IBM DB2, VM/XA SF, Integrated Facility for Linux, Linux Magazine, Revolution OS, Data center, Digital media, IBM 7090/94 IBSYS, SCO–Linux controversies, RDMA over Converged Ethernet, DOS/360 and successors, ORVYL and WYLBUR, Rule of thumb, Linux distribution, Oracle database, Operating system, IBM 8100 DPCX, Lightweight Linux distribution, Network interface card:
Linux on z Systems Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Linux on z Systems strategies and acquire concise Linux on z Systems education.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Linux on z Systems product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is Linux on z Systems Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Does the Linux on z Systems task fit the clients priorities?
IBM Airline Control Program Critical Criteria:
Meet over IBM Airline Control Program leadership and find the ideas you already have.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Linux on z Systems? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are our needs in relation to Linux on z Systems skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Michigan Terminal System Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Michigan Terminal System quality and drive action.
– For your Linux on z Systems project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the disruptive Linux on z Systems technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How can you measure Linux on z Systems in a systematic way?
GNU General Public License Critical Criteria:
Categorize GNU General Public License planning and assess and formulate effective operational and GNU General Public License strategies.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Linux on z Systems project?
– How can the value of Linux on z Systems be defined?
Linux Documentation Project Critical Criteria:
Discourse Linux Documentation Project goals and describe which business rules are needed as Linux Documentation Project interface.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Linux on z Systems experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Linux on z Systems delivery for example is new software needed?
– Who sets the Linux on z Systems standards?
Data center infrastructure management Critical Criteria:
Graph Data center infrastructure management leadership and grade techniques for implementing Data center infrastructure management controls.
– What about Linux on z Systems Analysis of results?
IBM DPPX Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about IBM DPPX tactics and forecast involvement of future IBM DPPX projects in development.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Linux on z Systems workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Linux on z Systems project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Linux on z Systems requirements in detail?
Free software Critical Criteria:
Investigate Free software leadership and check on ways to get started with Free software.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Linux on z Systems study?
– How do we maintain Linux on z Systemss Integrity?
– What are our Linux on z Systems Processes?
Ubuntu User Critical Criteria:
Shape Ubuntu User failures and slay a dragon.
– Do those selected for the Linux on z Systems team have a good general understanding of what Linux on z Systems is all about?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Linux on z Systems process?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Linux on z Systems?
Samba software Critical Criteria:
Test Samba software failures and get the big picture.
– How can you negotiate Linux on z Systems successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Linux on z Systems activities?
– Is there any existing Linux on z Systems governance structure?
Linux user group Critical Criteria:
Model after Linux user group risks and probe the present value of growth of Linux user group.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Linux on z Systems, including any consulting or professional services?
– In what ways are Linux on z Systems vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What is the source of the strategies for Linux on z Systems strengthening and reform?
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Drive SAP R/3 quality and balance specific methods for improving SAP R/3 results.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Linux on z Systems models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Linux on z Systems goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the long-term Linux on z Systems goals?
Compatible Time-Sharing System Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Compatible Time-Sharing System outcomes and customize techniques for implementing Compatible Time-Sharing System controls.
– Consider your own Linux on z Systems project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Linux on z Systems that make it risky?
– How do we measure improved Linux on z Systems service perception, and satisfaction?
Computer-aided design Critical Criteria:
Shape Computer-aided design visions and check on ways to get started with Computer-aided design.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Linux on z Systems strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the short and long-term Linux on z Systems goals?
– Do we have past Linux on z Systems Successes?
OpenSolaris for System z Critical Criteria:
Have a session on OpenSolaris for System z planning and adjust implementation of OpenSolaris for System z.
– What are the business goals Linux on z Systems is aiming to achieve?
Gentoo Linux Critical Criteria:
Drive Gentoo Linux failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Gentoo Linux projects.
IBM 4690 OS Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over IBM 4690 OS decisions and describe which business rules are needed as IBM 4690 OS interface.
– Think about the people you identified for your Linux on z Systems project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Linux on z Systems moving forward?
– How is the value delivered by Linux on z Systems being measured?
IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program Critical Criteria:
Graph IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program quality and document what potential IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Linux on z Systems leader?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Linux on z Systems been identified and analyzed?
Linux Format Critical Criteria:
Test Linux Format outcomes and know what your objective is.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Linux on z Systems ?
Linux startup process Critical Criteria:
Align Linux startup process quality and interpret which customers can’t participate in Linux startup process because they lack skills.
– What are the key elements of your Linux on z Systems performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Linux on z Systems into the services that we provide?
– Why should we adopt a Linux on z Systems framework?
Linux gaming Critical Criteria:
Grade Linux gaming planning and find out.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Linux on z Systems with what users do day-to-day?
– How will you know that the Linux on z Systems project has been successful?
– Who will provide the final approval of Linux on z Systems deliverables?
Open Source For You Critical Criteria:
Categorize Open Source For You management and assess and formulate effective operational and Open Source For You strategies.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Linux on z Systems objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– To what extent does management recognize Linux on z Systems as a tool to increase the results?
The Code Critical Criteria:
Study The Code failures and point out The Code tensions in leadership.
– Is the Linux on z Systems organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we Identify specific Linux on z Systems investment and emerging trends?
– How do you make sure that the code base always builds reliably?
OS/360 and successors Critical Criteria:
Probe OS/360 and successors risks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential OS/360 and successors information.
– Which customers cant participate in our Linux on z Systems domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Linux on z Systems?
IBM Global Services Critical Criteria:
Give examples of IBM Global Services management and optimize IBM Global Services leadership as a key to advancement.
– Is maximizing Linux on z Systems protection the same as minimizing Linux on z Systems loss?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Linux on z Systems?
– Do Linux on z Systems rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
MFT II Critical Criteria:
Categorize MFT II outcomes and research ways can we become the MFT II company that would put us out of business.
– Have you identified your Linux on z Systems key performance indicators?
– What threat is Linux on z Systems addressing?
Mean time between failures Critical Criteria:
Jump start Mean time between failures management and grade techniques for implementing Mean time between failures controls.
IBM DB2 Critical Criteria:
Merge IBM DB2 risks and define IBM DB2 competency-based leadership.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Linux on z Systems processes?
– What are the barriers to increased Linux on z Systems production?
VM/XA SF Critical Criteria:
Guard VM/XA SF risks and assess what counts with VM/XA SF that we are not counting.
– What is Effective Linux on z Systems?
Integrated Facility for Linux Critical Criteria:
Investigate Integrated Facility for Linux issues and look at it backwards.
– How likely is the current Linux on z Systems plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we Improve Linux on z Systems service perception, and satisfaction?
Linux Magazine Critical Criteria:
Discuss Linux Magazine results and create Linux Magazine explanations for all managers.
– Is Linux on z Systems dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are assumptions made in Linux on z Systems stated explicitly?
Revolution OS Critical Criteria:
Consult on Revolution OS strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– In the case of a Linux on z Systems project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Linux on z Systems project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Linux on z Systems project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Linux on z Systems create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Study Data center tasks and catalog Data center activities.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– Are there recognized Linux on z Systems problems?
– How many data center sites do you have?
– Are there Linux on z Systems problems defined?
Digital media Critical Criteria:
Scan Digital media decisions and ask questions.
– Does Linux on z Systems appropriately measure and monitor risk?
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on IBM 7090/94 IBSYS issues and ask questions.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Linux on z Systems project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Are there Linux on z Systems Models?
SCO–Linux controversies Critical Criteria:
Refer to SCO–Linux controversies strategies and spearhead techniques for implementing SCO–Linux controversies.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Linux on z Systems in a volatile global economy?
– Will Linux on z Systems deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
RDMA over Converged Ethernet Critical Criteria:
Meet over RDMA over Converged Ethernet governance and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive RDMA over Converged Ethernet decisions.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Linux on z Systems strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Linux on z Systems. How do we gain traction?
DOS/360 and successors Critical Criteria:
Mine DOS/360 and successors engagements and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Linux on z Systems project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Linux on z Systems project lifecycle?
ORVYL and WYLBUR Critical Criteria:
Disseminate ORVYL and WYLBUR results and correct ORVYL and WYLBUR management by competencies.
Rule of thumb Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Rule of thumb leadership and adjust implementation of Rule of thumb.
– Among the Linux on z Systems product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Linux distribution Critical Criteria:
Graph Linux distribution tactics and devise Linux distribution key steps.
– Are we Assessing Linux on z Systems and Risk?
Oracle database Critical Criteria:
Generalize Oracle database leadership and secure Oracle database creativity.
– Who needs to know about Linux on z Systems ?
– How much does Linux on z Systems help?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Operating system goals and arbitrate Operating system techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Linux on z Systems services/products?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
IBM 8100 DPCX Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on IBM 8100 DPCX risks and oversee IBM 8100 DPCX requirements.
– Does Linux on z Systems include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Can we add value to the current Linux on z Systems decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Lightweight Linux distribution Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Lightweight Linux distribution goals and test out new things.
– How do we Lead with Linux on z Systems in Mind?
Network interface card Critical Criteria:
Discourse Network interface card tactics and track iterative Network interface card results.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Linux on z Systems Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Linux on z Systems External links:
Linux on z Systems Customer Council (Jersey City, NJ) | Meetup
Linux on z Systems empowers your developers – YouTube
IBM Airline Control Program External links:
IBM Airline Control Program – TheInfoList.com
http://theinfolist.com/php/HTMLGet.php?FindGo=Ibm Airline Control Program
IBM Airline Control Program – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Airline Control Program
IBM Airline Control Program – dictionary.sensagent.com
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/ibm airline control program/en-en
Michigan Terminal System External links:
A comparative study of the Michigan Terminal System …
Michigan Terminal System – Internal System …
Dial-Up Access by Using the Michigan Terminal System – …
GNU General Public License External links:
Gnu General Public License Gpl – FREE download Gnu …
Linux Documentation Project External links:
The Linux Documentation Project: Downloads
The Linux Documentation Project: Weekly News for 2002-04-30
The Linux Documentation Project Search
Free software External links:
Free Software and Shareware – Tucows Downloads
NCH Software – Free Software Downloads and Installs
Ubuntu User External links:
Ubuntu User on the App Store – iTunes – Apple
An Ubuntu User’s Review Of Dell XPS 13 Ubuntu Edition
Ubuntu User – Edición en Castellano – Home | Facebook
Linux user group External links:
GNU Linux user group SRKR – Home | Facebook
Lancaster Linux User Group (Lancaster, PA) | Meetup
OLUG Omaha Linux User Group – cafepress.com
SAP R/3 External links:
What kind of regular expression system does SAP R/3 …
SAP R/3 |THWACK
Summary Page: SAP R/3 Release 4.6 Fundamentals
Compatible Time-Sharing System External links:
Lyrics containing the term: compatible time-sharing system
https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/compatible time-sharing system
Compatible Time-Sharing System – Britannica.com
CTSS, Compatible Time-Sharing System
Computer-aided design External links:
Computer-Aided Design – Choose From Quality Providers
http://Ad · www.scienceexchange.com/Experimental/Services
Computer-aided Design (1976) – IMDb
Computer-Aided Design – scienceexchange.com
http://Ad · www.scienceexchange.com/Experimental/Services
OpenSolaris for System z External links:
OpenSolaris for System z – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/OpenSolaris for System z
OpenSolaris for System z – download.sinenomine.net
OpenSolaris for System z – WOW.com
Gentoo Linux External links:
Gentoo Linux – Official Site
Men’s Clothing : Gentoo Linux Online Store
Gentoo Linux Enhancement Proposals – Gentoo Linux
IBM 4690 OS External links:
IBM 4690 OS Version 3 Release 2: User’s Guide (SC30 …
Getting started programming on IBM 4690 OS – Stack Overflow
IBM 4690 OS Programming Guide Version 4 Release 1 …
IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program External links:
IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program – …
Linux Format External links:
Linux Format – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Linux format. (eJournal / eMagazine) [WorldCat.org]
Linux Format Magazine DVD-ROMs – archive.org
Linux startup process External links:
The Linux Startup Process | File System | Booting
Linux gaming External links:
GNU/Linux Gaming on Reddit
AMD vs. NVIDIA Linux Gaming Performance | [H]ard|Forum
http://hardforum.com › … › Operating Systems › Linux/BSD/Free Systems
7 Best Linux Gaming Distributions In 2018 – It’s FOSS
Open Source For You External links:
Open Source For You – Home | Facebook
The Code External links:
HealthCode – Crack the code to a healthier life™
How to Cite the Code of Federal Regulations: 9 Steps
ERISA: The Law and the Code, Annotated, 2017-2018 Edition
OS/360 and successors External links:
OS/360 and successors is available in 14 languages. Return to OS/360 and successors. Languages. català; Deutsch; español; français; italiano; norsk; português
http://OS/360 and successors – 21pw.com
OS/360 and successors explained
OS/360 and successors – Local Business | Facebook
IBM Global Services External links:
Manager Resume Example (IBM Global Services) – …
MFT II External links:
Theories of MFT II – Strategic Flashcards | Quizlet
PSY 9321 – Supervision in MFT II – Acalog ACMS™
Mketorii Le’Supreme Feleb Mft II | Facebook
Mean time between failures External links:
MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) – Tech-FAQ
What is MTBF (mean time between failures)? – …
How is MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) Calculated?
IBM DB2 External links:
ibm db2 dba jobs | Dice.com
IBM DB2 Training Course – ProProfs
IBM Db2 is database software that can reliably handle multiple workloads. The latest version of Db2 is optimized to provide extreme performance while lowering costs.
http://IBM DB2 for z/OS. (eBook, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Integrated Facility for Linux External links:
1 way to abbreviate Integrated Facility For Linux
Linux Magazine External links:
Tools for Storage Monitoring: nfsiostat | Linux Magazine
GNU/Linux Magazine (@gnulinuxmag) | Twitter
The Linux Device Model | Linux Magazine
Revolution OS External links:
FILM IN REVIEW; ‘Revolution OS’ – The New York Times
Revolution OS (2001) – IMDb
REVOLUTION OS tells the inside story of the hackers and computer programmers who created Linux and the Open Source movement.
http://REVIEW ROM 7.0 Revolution OS v1.1 A510M/F/FD by Zonik
Data center External links:
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
ADE Data Center – Home
CIO.gov – Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI)
Digital media External links:
Digital Media Academy – Official Site
Sensus Digital Media Library
Examples of digital media types include: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Windows Media Video (WMV), MP3, JPEG, and AVI.
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS External links:
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS | IT History Society
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/IBM 7090/94 IBSYS&item_type=topic
RDMA over Converged Ethernet External links:
[PDF]RDMA over Converged Ethernet – InfiniBand Trade – IBTA
[PDF]RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) Fact Sheet
What is RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE)? – YouTube
DOS/360 and successors External links:
La ĉi-suba teksto estas aŭtomata traduko de la artikolo DOS/360 and successors article en la angla Vikipedio, farita per la sistemo GramTrans on 2017-09-05 22:10:33.
http://DOS/360 and successors – revolvy.com
DOS/360 and Successors | DOS 360 Successors
DOS/360 and successors – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=DOS/360 and successors
Rule of thumb External links:
‘Rule of thumb’ – the meaning and origin of this phrase
[PDF]The Rule of Thumb – Saint Leo University
Rule of thumb – Everything2.com
Linux distribution External links:
SemiCode OS: A Linux Distribution For Programmers And …
How to Choose a Linux Distribution: 11 Steps (with Pictures)
Display Linux Distribution Logo in ASCII Art in Terminal
Oracle database External links:
Oracle Database PL/SQL Language Reference, 11g …
Page Title – Oracle Database
Oracle Database Link – MySQL Equivalent? – Stack Overflow
Operating system External links:
Which Windows operating system am I running?
nCino Bank Operating System
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
IBM 8100 DPCX External links:
IBM 8100 DPCX explained – everything.explained.today
IBM 8100 DPCX – theinfolist.com
IBM 8100 DPCX | IT History Society
Lightweight Linux distribution External links:
Lightweight Linux Distribution – Home | Facebook
Lightweight Linux Distribution antiX-17 Released!
Network interface card External links:
Buy Realtek Chipset Gigabit PCI Express Ethernet Network Interface Card with Low Profile Bracket (No Software)): Network Adapters – Amazon.com FREE …
DHCP network interface card bindings – technet.microsoft.com