What is involved in Franchising
Find out what the related areas are that Franchising connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Franchising thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Franchising journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Franchising leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Franchising related domains to cover and 111 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Franchising, American Association of Franchisees and Dealers, Anti-trust legislation, Business model, CAP Markets, Cable television franchise fee, Chain store, Code of conduct, Demographics of India, Dunkin’ Donuts, Fast food, Federal Trade Commission, Foreign market entry modes, Franchise Disclosure Document, Franchise agreement, Franchise consulting, Franchise fraud, Franchise termination, Great Clips, Great Depression, H&R Block, Hampton Inn, Home business, LJ Hooker, Logistics and transportation, Media event, Middle Ages, Pizza Hut, Private right of action, Resolution of disputes, Securities and Exchange Commission, Singer Corporation, Social enterprise, Social franchising, Speed dating, Standstill period, Sui generis, T.G.I. Friday’s, Technological alliance, The Franchise Rule, The Globe and Mail, Third-party logistics, Trade Practices Act 1974, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Venture capital, Western Union, When the Music Stops, World Economic Forum, World Social Forum, World War II:
Franchising Critical Criteria:
Study Franchising decisions and gather Franchising models .
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Franchising leaders?
– How to deal with Franchising Changes?
American Association of Franchisees and Dealers Critical Criteria:
Gauge American Association of Franchisees and Dealers outcomes and finalize specific methods for American Association of Franchisees and Dealers acceptance.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Franchising?
– How likely is the current Franchising plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the barriers to increased Franchising production?
Anti-trust legislation Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Anti-trust legislation decisions and create Anti-trust legislation explanations for all managers.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Franchising project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does our organization need more Franchising education?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Business model tasks and revise understanding of Business model architectures.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
– How can skill-level changes improve Franchising?
CAP Markets Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over CAP Markets decisions and work towards be a leading CAP Markets expert.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Franchising workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are our needs in relation to Franchising skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Cable television franchise fee Critical Criteria:
Focus on Cable television franchise fee governance and define what our big hairy audacious Cable television franchise fee goal is.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Franchising opportunities costing us money?
– How to Secure Franchising?
Chain store Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Chain store outcomes and look at it backwards.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Franchising in a volatile global economy?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Franchising activities?
Code of conduct Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Code of conduct management and handle a jump-start course to Code of conduct.
– How do we know that any Franchising analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Franchising processes?
Demographics of India Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Demographics of India failures and stake your claim.
– How do we measure improved Franchising service perception, and satisfaction?
Dunkin’ Donuts Critical Criteria:
Align Dunkin’ Donuts risks and devote time assessing Dunkin’ Donuts and its risk.
– Have you identified your Franchising key performance indicators?
– What is the purpose of Franchising in relation to the mission?
Fast food Critical Criteria:
Grasp Fast food failures and balance specific methods for improving Fast food results.
– Consider your own Franchising project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Good Customer Service at a fast food drive through window is fairly easy to visualize. but what about good Customer Service in our organization?
– How is the value delivered by Franchising being measured?
Federal Trade Commission Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Federal Trade Commission adoptions and stake your claim.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Franchising process?
– Have all basic functions of Franchising been defined?
Foreign market entry modes Critical Criteria:
Analyze Foreign market entry modes decisions and get the big picture.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Franchising, including any consulting or professional services?
– Will Franchising deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we Lead with Franchising in Mind?
Franchise Disclosure Document Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Franchise Disclosure Document projects and define Franchise Disclosure Document competency-based leadership.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Franchising strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are accountability and ownership for Franchising clearly defined?
– What are specific Franchising Rules to follow?
Franchise agreement Critical Criteria:
Steer Franchise agreement leadership and be persistent.
– In what ways are Franchising vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Franchising process?
Franchise consulting Critical Criteria:
Read up on Franchise consulting decisions and oversee Franchise consulting management by competencies.
– Think about the people you identified for your Franchising project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Franchising ?
– Is the Franchising organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Franchise fraud Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Franchise fraud issues and define what do we need to start doing with Franchise fraud.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Franchising objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Franchising requirements in detail?
Franchise termination Critical Criteria:
Shape Franchise termination projects and get out your magnifying glass.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Franchising process?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Franchising services/products?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Franchising project?
Great Clips Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Great Clips tasks and handle a jump-start course to Great Clips.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Franchising?
Great Depression Critical Criteria:
Adapt Great Depression planning and summarize a clear Great Depression focus.
– Will Franchising have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Are there Franchising problems defined?
H&R Block Critical Criteria:
Chart H&R Block tactics and drive action.
– Among the Franchising product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is Effective Franchising?
Hampton Inn Critical Criteria:
Devise Hampton Inn leadership and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are the usability implications of Franchising actions?
Home business Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Home business planning and gather Home business models .
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Franchising?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Franchising values?
LJ Hooker Critical Criteria:
Refer to LJ Hooker engagements and probe using an integrated framework to make sure LJ Hooker is getting what it needs.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Franchising does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Think of your Franchising project. what are the main functions?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Franchising move?
Logistics and transportation Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Logistics and transportation tasks and improve Logistics and transportation service perception.
– How can the value of Franchising be defined?
Media event Critical Criteria:
Frame Media event tactics and assess what counts with Media event that we are not counting.
– Which customers cant participate in our Franchising domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Do the Franchising decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Middle Ages Critical Criteria:
Dissect Middle Ages risks and create Middle Ages explanations for all managers.
– Does Franchising include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Franchising is underway?
Pizza Hut Critical Criteria:
Talk about Pizza Hut outcomes and change contexts.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Franchising products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Franchising activities?
Private right of action Critical Criteria:
Boost Private right of action engagements and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Private right of action.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Franchising?
Resolution of disputes Critical Criteria:
Test Resolution of disputes visions and cater for concise Resolution of disputes education.
– In a project to restructure Franchising outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we manage Franchising Knowledge Management (KM)?
Securities and Exchange Commission Critical Criteria:
Devise Securities and Exchange Commission quality and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– For your Franchising project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Singer Corporation Critical Criteria:
Devise Singer Corporation engagements and point out Singer Corporation tensions in leadership.
– To what extent does management recognize Franchising as a tool to increase the results?
– What vendors make products that address the Franchising needs?
– Is Supporting Franchising documentation required?
Social enterprise Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Social enterprise quality and oversee implementation of Social enterprise.
– Does Franchising systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are all of our Franchising domains and what do they do?
– Why are Franchising skills important?
Social franchising Critical Criteria:
Deduce Social franchising goals and change contexts.
– What threat is Franchising addressing?
Speed dating Critical Criteria:
Steer Speed dating decisions and look for lots of ideas.
– Does Franchising appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Standstill period Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Standstill period projects and check on ways to get started with Standstill period.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Franchising models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Franchising. How do we gain traction?
Sui generis Critical Criteria:
Confer over Sui generis failures and gather practices for scaling Sui generis.
– What are the short and long-term Franchising goals?
– Are we Assessing Franchising and Risk?
T.G.I. Friday’s Critical Criteria:
Explore T.G.I. Friday’s leadership and prioritize challenges of T.G.I. Friday’s.
– What will drive Franchising change?
Technological alliance Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Technological alliance leadership and create Technological alliance explanations for all managers.
– Is the scope of Franchising defined?
– Are there Franchising Models?
The Franchise Rule Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on The Franchise Rule quality and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive The Franchise Rule projects.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Franchising Management?
The Globe and Mail Critical Criteria:
Learn from The Globe and Mail visions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling The Globe and Mail projects.
– What business benefits will Franchising goals deliver if achieved?
Third-party logistics Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Third-party logistics results and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Third-party logistics services.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Franchising processes?
Trade Practices Act 1974 Critical Criteria:
Audit Trade Practices Act 1974 leadership and test out new things.
– Think about the functions involved in your Franchising project. what processes flow from these functions?
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Critical Criteria:
Understand U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission visions and ask what if.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Franchising product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is there a Franchising Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How much does Franchising help?
Venture capital Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Venture capital tasks and look in other fields.
– What are the long-term Franchising goals?
Western Union Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Western Union strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– Do we monitor the Franchising decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Why should we adopt a Franchising framework?
When the Music Stops Critical Criteria:
Huddle over When the Music Stops visions and oversee When the Music Stops management by competencies.
– Does the Franchising task fit the clients priorities?
World Economic Forum Critical Criteria:
Steer World Economic Forum strategies and know what your objective is.
World Social Forum Critical Criteria:
Model after World Social Forum projects and assess what counts with World Social Forum that we are not counting.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Franchising been identified and analyzed?
World War II Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct World War II goals and gather practices for scaling World War II.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Franchising Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Franchising External links:
Franchising | Dunkin’ Brands
Popeyes Franchising | Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
Multi-Unit Franchising Conference
American Association of Franchisees and Dealers External links:
American Association of Franchisees and Dealers …
Business model External links:
Business Model – Investopedia
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
Plan to Start – Example of a Business Model
CAP Markets External links:
AB Cap Markets | American Banker
Chain store External links:
Chain Store Maintenance: HOME
Chain Store Guide – AbeBooks
Chain store | retailing operation | Britannica.com
Code of conduct External links:
Microsoft Code of Conduct | Ethics & Compliance
18 of the Best Code of Conduct Examples | i-Sight
Employee Code of Conduct Company Policy Template
Demographics of India External links:
HISTORY OF DRAVIDIANS | Demographics Of India | …
Demographics of India, Indian Demographics Data
Demographics of India – YouTube
Dunkin’ Donuts External links:
Dunkin’ Donuts Guest Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Dunkin’ Donuts – Official Site
Dunkin’ Donuts – Home | Facebook
Fast food External links:
10 Best Fast Food Meals10 Best Fast Food Meals – WebMD
Eat Fit Go Healthy Foods | Healthy Meals | Healthy Fast Food
Fresh Fast Food Near You – Wendy’s – Quality Is Our Recipe
Federal Trade Commission External links:
Federal Trade Commission | Protecting America’s …
Foreign market entry modes External links:
Foreign market entry modes – YouTube
Foreign Market Entry Modes – QuickMBA
Foreign Market Entry Modes by Niels Elgersma on Prezi
Franchise Disclosure Document External links:
[PDF]FRANCHISE DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT DUNKIN’ …
Franchise Disclosure Document & Franchise Agreement …
How to Read a Franchise Disclosure Document – Entrepreneur
Franchise agreement External links:
Franchise Disclosure Document & Franchise Agreement …
Franchise consulting External links:
Franchise Consulting Company | Franchise Consultant
Franchise Consultants UK | Ashtons Franchise Consulting
Franchise Consulting Company Homepage
Franchise fraud External links:
Franchise Fraud – Seeger Weiss
Distributorship and Franchise Fraud – USPS
Franchise Fraud – Seeger Weiss
Franchise termination External links:
[PDF]The Economic Effects of Franchise Termination Laws
Franchise Termination Laws | Chron.com
Great Clips External links:
$11 off Great Clips Coupons & Codes – February 2018
$5 Off Great Clips Coupons, Promo Codes February 2018
Haircuts & Haircare Products | Great Clips
Great Depression External links:
Life During the Great Depression – AllAboutHistory.org
The Great Depression was a severe worldwide economic depression in the 1930s. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations; however, in most countries it started in 1929 and lasted until the late 1930s. It was the longest, deepest, and most widespread depression of the 20th century.
Blacks and the Great Depression | SocialistWorker.org
Hampton Inn External links:
$35 Off Hampton Inn Coupons – February 2018 – Coupon Cabin
Hampton Inn Customer Support
Orange Beach Hotel | Hampton Inn & Suites – On the Beach
Home business External links:
[PDF]Page 1 of 34 14:41 – 23-Jan-2018 of Your Home Business …
LJ Hooker External links:
LJ Hooker Gympie – Gympie’s Real Estate Agent.
LJ Hooker Nelson Bay – Nelson Bay’s Real Estate Agent.
LJ Hooker Salisbury – Home | Facebook
Logistics and transportation External links:
Logistics and Transportation: Medical Solutions
Media event External links:
Kilopower Media Event | NASA
St. Croix Crossing media event
Middle Ages External links:
Middle Ages – Facts & Summary – HISTORY.com
History of Europe – The Middle Ages | Britannica.com
Middle Ages/ Renaissance Flashcards | Quizlet
Pizza Hut External links:
Welcome to Pizza Hut
Private right of action External links:
Private Right of Action legal definition – Quimbee
Private Right of Action legal definition – Quimbee
§ 3425(j)(1)(D) and a Private Right of Action
Securities and Exchange Commission External links:
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Careers – …
Securities and Exchange Commission – HISTORY.com
The US Securities and Exchange Commission – SEC.gov
Singer Corporation External links:
Singer Corporation Videos and B-Roll Footage | Getty Images
Singer Corporation Stock Photos and Pictures | Getty Images
Singer Corporation | Crunchbase
Social enterprise External links:
The Tamer Center for Social Enterprise
Social Enterprise Festival
2018 Agenda – Harvard Social Enterprise Conference
Social franchising External links:
FranchiseWell – Social Franchising
Social Franchising – Recosi
Social Franchising – Over 1,200 franchise opportunities
Speed dating External links:
Speed Dating in 40 Cities Across the US | Relish Dating
SpeedNY Dating – Speed Dating & Matchmaking in New …
Atlanta, GA Speed Dating Events | Eventbrite
Standstill period External links:
Standstill Period definitions – Defined Term
Standstill period | Practical Law
Sui generis External links:
Sui Generis | Definition of Sui Generis by Merriam-Webster
Sui Generis – Necesito – YouTube
Sui Generis Home Furniture
T.G.I. Friday’s External links:
T.G.I. Friday’s® Jack Daniels® Sauce Recipe – Allrecipes.com
This recipe is a copycat of a Jack Daniels(R) sauce used at the T.G.I. Friday’s(R) chain of restaurants for your home grilling pleasure.
Technological alliance External links:
Dynamik Technological Alliance S.L., Parque …
Reportaje de DYNAMIK Technological Alliance en ETB – YouTube
Dynamik Technological Alliance vídeo corporativo. …
The Franchise Rule External links:
The Franchise Rule
The Globe and Mail External links:
The Globe and Mail (@globeandmail) | Twitter
The Globe and Mail – Google+
Canada – The Globe and Mail
Trade Practices Act 1974 External links:
Book review: Steinwall, R. Annotated Trade Practices Act 1974
Trade Practices Act 1974 – Legislation
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission External links:
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Careers – …
Venture capital External links:
Arthur Ventures | Early Stage Venture Capital
InvestMidwest Venture Capital Forum
30 Under 30 2018: Venture Capital – forbes.com
Western Union External links:
Speedpay – Home | Western Union Payments
Western Union – Trackpayments
Western Union Remote Support Portal
When the Music Stops External links:
Lyrics – When The Music Stops, By – Daryl Coley
When the Music Stops – AbeBooks
Eminem :: When the Music Stops [EMINEM___SHW-16]
World Economic Forum External links:
Davos 2018: Updates From the World Economic Forum
World Economic Forum – Official Site
2018 World Economic Forum: 7 Key Takeaways from …
World Social Forum External links:
World Social Forum 2018 opens registrations – FSM
World War II External links:
World War Ii – AbeBooks
World War II – Battles, Facts, Videos & Pictures – History.com
World War II, (Book, 1970) [WorldCat.org]