What is involved in AIX
Find out what the related areas are that AIX connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a AIX thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its AIX journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward AIX leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which AIX related domains to cover and 128 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
AIX, IBM Connections, IBM mainframe, IBM Journaled File System 2, Dynamic infrastructure, The Open Group, IBM Redbooks, IBM Research – Australia, Source code, Beta test, Smarter Planet, System p, Virtual memory compression, IBM Pulse conference, 5ESS switch, Desktop publishing, OS/360 and successors, IBM Center for The Business of Government, Linux Technology Center, Microsoft Windows, RDMA over Converged Ethernet, Live Partition Mobility, IBM Fellow, Transaction Processing Facility, Systems Network Architecture, IBM DPPX, The Weather Company, IBM 7090/94 IBSYS, Bourne shell, Universal Product Code, Print server, Control Program Facility, IBM Canada Head Office Building, IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program, IBM Research – Ireland, Academic Operating System, Project Trillian, Workload Manager, One Atlantic Center, Proprietary software, IBM Almaden Research Center:
AIX Critical Criteria:
Be clear about AIX quality and improve AIX service perception.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your AIX project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Which AIX goals are the most important?
– How can the value of AIX be defined?
IBM Connections Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about IBM Connections adoptions and look at it backwards.
– How do mission and objectives affect the AIX processes of our organization?
– Is the AIX organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we Improve AIX service perception, and satisfaction?
IBM mainframe Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase IBM mainframe risks and achieve a single IBM mainframe view and bringing data together.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the AIX process?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of AIX activities?
– Why is AIX important for you now?
IBM Journaled File System 2 Critical Criteria:
Canvass IBM Journaled File System 2 tasks and find the essential reading for IBM Journaled File System 2 researchers.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a AIX process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the AIX process available?
– Are there AIX problems defined?
– What is our AIX Strategy?
Dynamic infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Dynamic infrastructure failures and pay attention to the small things.
– Do those selected for the AIX team have a good general understanding of what AIX is all about?
– Can we do AIX without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Does our organization need more AIX education?
The Open Group Critical Criteria:
Focus on The Open Group leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing The Open Group.
– Does AIX create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What will drive AIX change?
IBM Redbooks Critical Criteria:
Coach on IBM Redbooks risks and report on setting up IBM Redbooks without losing ground.
– What management system can we use to leverage the AIX experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How will you know that the AIX project has been successful?
IBM Research – Australia Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap IBM Research – Australia adoptions and differentiate in coordinating IBM Research – Australia.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your AIX activities?
– What are all of our AIX domains and what do they do?
– What are the Essentials of Internal AIX Management?
Source code Critical Criteria:
Chart Source code issues and find out.
– Have the cis and the exact version or revision that constitutes a particular baseline (documents, source code, problem reports and change documents) been identified?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once AIX is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How are unauthorized changes to source code prevented, detected, and corrected?
– Access Control To Program Source Code: Is access to program source code restricted?
– Is a AIX Team Work effort in place?
Beta test Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Beta test results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Beta test projects.
– Among the AIX product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is the purpose of AIX in relation to the mission?
– How is the value delivered by AIX being measured?
Smarter Planet Critical Criteria:
Confer over Smarter Planet failures and get answers.
System p Critical Criteria:
Powwow over System p outcomes and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– Is an asset management process(es) in place to inventory and manage this new asset (investment) from a property management perspective, to provide Configuration Management support, and to monitor system performance?
– Can the system protect against unauthorized access by use of an image versus presentation of an actual biometric object (i.e., presentation of a picture of an iris/retina versus presentation of the actual eye)?
– Is a credible migration plan (for data, applications, and legacy system phase-out) from the existing to the proposed environment presented?
– Have you considered that metrics collection, and system performance and security monitoring are more difficult in the cloud?
– What are the important external or multisectoral determinants of system performance?
– How significant is the value that the legacy system provides the business?
– What was the most important criteria/item in the personnel system project?
– Does AIX analysis show the relationships among important AIX factors?
– What are my responsibilities for operating my system properly?
– What opportunities might a new or enhanced system provide?
– How well should the system perform?
– Is the software system productive?
– System Problem or People Problem?
– Does your system provide apis?
Virtual memory compression Critical Criteria:
Confer over Virtual memory compression failures and drive action.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these AIX processes?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving AIX forward?
– What are the usability implications of AIX actions?
IBM Pulse conference Critical Criteria:
Adapt IBM Pulse conference goals and find the essential reading for IBM Pulse conference researchers.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a AIX strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
5ESS switch Critical Criteria:
Illustrate 5ESS switch projects and find answers.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if AIX does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Are accountability and ownership for AIX clearly defined?
– Is Supporting AIX documentation required?
Desktop publishing Critical Criteria:
Generalize Desktop publishing tasks and observe effective Desktop publishing.
– What are the key elements of your AIX performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is AIX dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are specific AIX Rules to follow?
OS/360 and successors Critical Criteria:
Face OS/360 and successors projects and correct better engagement with OS/360 and successors results.
– Have the types of risks that may impact AIX been identified and analyzed?
– What are the business goals AIX is aiming to achieve?
– How do we maintain AIXs Integrity?
IBM Center for The Business of Government Critical Criteria:
Detail IBM Center for The Business of Government failures and acquire concise IBM Center for The Business of Government education.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing AIX? There might be some that are less obvious?
– In what ways are AIX vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of AIX moving forward?
Linux Technology Center Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Linux Technology Center adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Linux Technology Center.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that AIX objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of AIX?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Microsoft Windows tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Microsoft Windows services.
– How can you negotiate AIX successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
RDMA over Converged Ethernet Critical Criteria:
Trace RDMA over Converged Ethernet failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent AIX services/products?
– How do we ensure that implementations of AIX products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do AIX rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Live Partition Mobility Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Live Partition Mobility failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Live Partition Mobility.
– Are we Assessing AIX and Risk?
IBM Fellow Critical Criteria:
Align IBM Fellow management and check on ways to get started with IBM Fellow.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom AIX project?
– What are the short and long-term AIX goals?
Transaction Processing Facility Critical Criteria:
Graph Transaction Processing Facility tasks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Transaction Processing Facility.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding AIX?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its AIX processes?
Systems Network Architecture Critical Criteria:
Design Systems Network Architecture projects and achieve a single Systems Network Architecture view and bringing data together.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a AIX project?
IBM DPPX Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate IBM DPPX decisions and find the essential reading for IBM DPPX researchers.
– Think about the people you identified for your AIX project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Is AIX Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
The Weather Company Critical Criteria:
Explore The Weather Company quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive The Weather Company decisions.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of AIX into the services that we provide?
– How will you measure your AIX effectiveness?
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS Critical Criteria:
Test IBM 7090/94 IBSYS goals and separate what are the business goals IBM 7090/94 IBSYS is aiming to achieve.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of AIX product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What is our formula for success in AIX ?
Bourne shell Critical Criteria:
Examine Bourne shell leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Bourne shell.
– Is there a AIX Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How to deal with AIX Changes?
Universal Product Code Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Universal Product Code decisions and handle a jump-start course to Universal Product Code.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for AIX strengthening and reform actually originate?
Print server Critical Criteria:
Study Print server projects and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Print server.
– How can you measure AIX in a systematic way?
– Do we have past AIX Successes?
Control Program Facility Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Control Program Facility results and develop and take control of the Control Program Facility initiative.
– Consider your own AIX project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good AIX project manager?
– How do we keep improving AIX?
IBM Canada Head Office Building Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over IBM Canada Head Office Building planning and revise understanding of IBM Canada Head Office Building architectures.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once AIX is underway?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether AIX goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are our needs in relation to AIX skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program Critical Criteria:
Confer re IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program visions and spearhead techniques for implementing IBM System/34, 36 System Support Program.
– Who needs to know about AIX ?
IBM Research – Ireland Critical Criteria:
Transcribe IBM Research – Ireland tactics and oversee IBM Research – Ireland requirements.
– Are assumptions made in AIX stated explicitly?
Academic Operating System Critical Criteria:
Refer to Academic Operating System planning and intervene in Academic Operating System processes and leadership.
– How do we go about Securing AIX?
Project Trillian Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Project Trillian engagements and separate what are the business goals Project Trillian is aiming to achieve.
Workload Manager Critical Criteria:
Canvass Workload Manager projects and describe which business rules are needed as Workload Manager interface.
– What threat is AIX addressing?
One Atlantic Center Critical Criteria:
Talk about One Atlantic Center risks and report on developing an effective One Atlantic Center strategy.
– How do your measurements capture actionable AIX information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does AIX appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Proprietary software Critical Criteria:
Confer over Proprietary software risks and raise human resource and employment practices for Proprietary software.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our AIX agendas for the next 3 years?
– How can we improve AIX?
IBM Almaden Research Center Critical Criteria:
Match IBM Almaden Research Center leadership and change contexts.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the AIX Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
AIX External links:
AIX download and service information – Java SDK
Celebrate French culture, all from our hotel in Aix-en-Provence. Renaissance Aix-en-Provence hotel boasts a stunning garden, outdoor terraces & lounge bar.
IBM AIX OS levels supported by XL Compilers – United States
IBM Connections External links:
Log In to IBM Connections – Mennonite Central Committee
Log In to IBM Connections – Welcome to Connections
IBM Connections Chat on the App Store – iTunes
IBM mainframe External links:
[PDF]IBM Mainframe Overview – University of Arkansas
How much does an IBM mainframe cost? – Quora
Dynamic infrastructure External links:
Cloud monitoring for dynamic infrastructure by New Relic
TETRA Dynamic Infrastructure – Home | Facebook
The Open Group External links:
Customer Service :: The Open Group
The Open Group Professional Certifications – Pearson VUE
FACE HOME | The Open Group
IBM Redbooks External links:
IBM Redbooks – Home | Facebook
IBM Redbooks on the App Store – itunes.apple.com
IBM Redbooks – YouTube
Source code External links:
Buy Apps & Games Source Code iOS / Android – Sell My App
Software and Source Code Escrow Services | EscrowTech
Source Code (2011) – IMDb
Beta test External links:
Speedtest.net by Ookla – beta test
Microsoft and AOL Beta Test-Fiction!
New Map! ||Felines Eyes|| Cat RP|| BETA TEST – Roblox
Smarter Planet External links:
Smarter Planet Comes to You – Home | Facebook
IBM100 – Smarter Planet – IBM WWW Page
A Smarter Planet: The Next Leadership Agenda | Council …
Virtual memory compression External links:
The Compression Cache: Virtual Memory Compression …
The Compression Cache: Virtual Memory Compression …
[PDF]Compression Virtual Memory Compression for …
IBM Pulse conference External links:
IBM Pulse Conference | Flickr
F5 at the IBM Pulse Conference
Maroon5 – Wake Up Call – IBM Pulse Conference MGM …
5ESS switch External links:
5ESS Switch Recent Change/Translations/Routing …
5ess Switch Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Desktop publishing External links:
Desktop Publishing Software for Windows – Free …
Best Desktop Publishing Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Desktop Publishing – Creating a Tri-Fold Brochure
OS/360 and successors External links:
OS/360 and successors – Local Business | Facebook
OS/360 and successors – Sussle
OS/360 and successors – 21pw.com
IBM Center for The Business of Government External links:
SERIES: IBM Center for the Business of Government | …
| IBM Center for the Business of Government
Linux Technology Center External links:
LTC abbreviation stands for Linux Technology Center
OMNI Changelog – Linux Technology Center : Welcome
IBM About Linux Technology Center – IBM WWW Page
Microsoft Windows External links:
Changing Microsoft Windows and Office Product Keys
RDMA over Converged Ethernet External links:
[PDF]RDMA over Converged Ethernet – InfiniBand Trade – IBTA
What is RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE)? – YouTube
Live Partition Mobility External links:
IBM Redbooks | Live Partition Mobility Setup Checklist
PowerVM Live Partition Mobility – YouTube
IBM Fellow External links:
Meet John Cohn, IBM Fellow and IoT chief agitator
Transaction Processing Facility External links:
IBM z/Transaction Processing Facility
Systems Network Architecture External links:
IBM Systems Network Architecture – technet.microsoft.com
Systems Network Architecture (SNA) Salary | PayScale
http://www.payscale.com › United States › Skill/Specialty
The Weather Company External links:
The Weather Company, an IBM Business, formerly WSI
The Weather Company, an IBM Business
The Weather Company Mens Convertible Rain Shirt – tgw.com
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS External links:
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS | IT History Society
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=IBM 7090/94 IBSYS
Bourne shell External links:
The Heirloom Bourne Shell
scripting – Bourne Shell For i in (seq) – Stack Overflow
http://The Bourne shell (sh) is a shell, or command-line interpreter, for computer operating systems. The Bourne shell was the default Unix shell of Unix Version 7. Most Unix-like systems continue to have /bin/sh—which will be the Bourne shell, or a symbolic link or hard link to a compatible shell even when other shells are used by most users.
Universal Product Code External links:
Comment Request – National Universal Product Code …
UNIVERSAL PRODUCT CODE – AudioEnglish.org
Print server External links:
Wireless Print Server | eBay
print server – Staples®
How to install printer drivers from a network print server
Control Program Facility External links:
CPF – Control Program Facility | AcronymFinder
CPF abbreviation stands for Control Program Facility
IBM Canada Head Office Building External links:
IBM Canada Head Office Building – WOW.com
“IBM Canada Head Office Building” on Revolvy.com
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Canada Head Office Building
Academic Operating System External links:
GitHub – drpnd/aos: Academic Operating System from …
AOS abbreviation stands for Academic Operating System
IBM Academic Operating System – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Academic Operating System
Project Trillian External links:
Project Trillian – Revolvy
Workload Manager External links:
[PDF]Kronos Workforce Workload Manager for Healthcare
PBS Professional: HPC Workload Manager and Job …
[PDF]System Programmer’s Guide to: Workload Manager
One Atlantic Center External links:
One Atlantic Center | News
One Atlantic Center, Atlanta | 42Floors
Proprietary software External links:
Chapter 8 – Open Source and Proprietary Software – YouTube
Disadvantages of Proprietary Software | Chron.com
IBM Almaden Research Center External links:
IBM Almaden Research Center : Quotes, Address, Contact
IBM Almaden Research Center – YouTube
IBM Almaden Research Center – Meriwest Credit Union