What is involved in Process architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Process architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Process architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Process architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process architecture related domains to cover and 176 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process architecture, Abstraction, Calculus of communicating systems, Complex system, Complexity, Dualistic Petri nets, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise information security architecture, Flowchart, Hierarchy, Information architecture, Infrastructure, Method engineering, Petri net, Petri nets, Process calculus, Process engineering, Process management, Process modeling, Process theory, Real-time computing, Superstructure, System, System of systems, Systems architecture, Systems theory, Workflow, Π-calculus:
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Chart Process architecture goals and oversee Process architecture management by competencies.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Process architecture is underway?
– Which Process architecture goals are the most important?
– Are there recognized Process architecture problems?
Abstraction Critical Criteria:
Track Abstraction governance and ask questions.
– To what extent does management recognize Process architecture as a tool to increase the results?
– Is Supporting Process architecture documentation required?
– Are we Assessing Process architecture and Risk?
Calculus of communicating systems Critical Criteria:
Sort Calculus of communicating systems results and plan concise Calculus of communicating systems education.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Process architecture process?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Process architecture opportunities costing us money?
– What is the purpose of Process architecture in relation to the mission?
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Face Complex system failures and ask what if.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Process architecture project?
– Think of your Process architecture project. what are the main functions?
– Who needs to know about Process architecture ?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Systematize Complexity goals and point out Complexity tensions in leadership.
– The approach of traditional Process architecture works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– Is it possible to estimate the impact of unanticipated complexity such as wrong or failed assumptions, feedback, etc. on proposed reforms?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Process architecture moving forward?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– Complexity: an appropriate framework for development?
– What is the complexity of the output produced?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What threat is Process architecture addressing?
Dualistic Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Rank Dualistic Petri nets results and remodel and develop an effective Dualistic Petri nets strategy.
– what is the best design framework for Process architecture organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Is the Process architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How is the value delivered by Process architecture being measured?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Enterprise architecture projects and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Enterprise architecture.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Process architecture project manager?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise information security architecture Critical Criteria:
Scan Enterprise information security architecture visions and assess what counts with Enterprise information security architecture that we are not counting.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Process architecture?
Flowchart Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Flowchart strategies and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Flowchart projects.
– In what ways are Process architecture vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Process architecture leaders?
Hierarchy Critical Criteria:
Participate in Hierarchy tasks and find the essential reading for Hierarchy researchers.
– Once youve designed the integrated navigation system, you can consider the addition of one or more remote navigation elements. In most cases, you will need to choose between a table of contents, an index, and a site map. Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
– Grouping content into the top-level categories of an information hierarchy is typically the most important and challenging process you will face. How should the content be organized?
– Should you use a hierarchy or would a more structured database-model work best?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Process architecture requirements in detail?
– What are the business goals Process architecture is aiming to achieve?
– Where should items be located in the hierarchy or network?
– How will you measure your Process architecture effectiveness?
– When should a new level in the hierarchy be added?
– Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Information architecture results and cater for concise Information architecture education.
– Users increasingly demand from web sites the ability to get information that is customized to their interests and needs. Many web sites now tailor their content through the use of architectures designed to support multiple audience types, or through technologies that allow users to profile their personal interests. These kinds of sites demonstrate that their designers are sensitive to the fact the users arent all the same. Besides the influence of users, marketing efforts have driven this trend to a large degree: why present general information to the broadest audience (e.g., trying to sell tobacco products to everyone, including the antismoking activists) when you can target information to prequalified market segments (e.g., selling expensive cigars to yuppies)?
– Is the solution going to generate structured, semistructured, unstructured information for its own use or for use by entities either internal or external to the enterprise?
– Are the appropriate metadata standards including those for encoding and transmission of metadata information established?
– The kind of information the user wants: Do they want just a taste, or are they doing comprehensive research?
– How can an information architecture be designed to successfully convey scent during navigation?
– Determine the difference to the bottom line had this information been available beforehand?
– What is the cost of the users time spent to find the information they need?
– How does the proposed solution help measure each performance indicator?
– Have advanced search types been considered and evaluated for use?
– Should the solution facilitate analysis of related information?
– Which labels stand out in your mind as particularly good ones?
– Maybe include pointers to ongoing research in various areas?
– Are there any information policies that should be followed?
– Does your current website content need to be updated?
– Are there other audiences we are not thinking about?
– How should items (nodes) be related (linked)?
– What is the single best piece of SEO advice?
– Do you need a taxonomy strategy?
– Image Search: What is the task?
– How do we index?
Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Start Infrastructure visions and be persistent.
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– For any workstation or server entered, have you received a completed hopkins hosted application checklist (see appendix) or equivalent certification or documentation?
– Are machines storing data located in secured enclosed areas, access restricted areas, locked rooms, etc. to protect against physical threats?
– Which type of expense is most likely to increase as an organization increases the consumption of cloud resources from a service provider?
– Does remote server administration require multi-factor authentication of administrative users for systems and databases?
– What do we see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– Which cloud characteristic enables the consumers to use cloud services from a wide range of client platforms?
– Of the number of students eligible for this service, how many students were provided w/this service?
– What technical specifications should we build into our infrastructure to produce quality data?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– In the new era of business technology, what challenges are keeping you up at night?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What makes it possible to store virtual machine files on a nas device?
– What can be backed up if a backup agent is installed on a vm?
– What enables the administrator to perform the installation?
– Which migration strategy is recommended?
– Are DevOps engineers infrastructure engineers?
– Windows server security standards?
– What is private cloud?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Method engineering planning and stake your claim.
– What are the usability implications of Process architecture actions?
– What are the long-term Process architecture goals?
– How to Secure Process architecture?
Petri net Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Petri net visions and stake your claim.
– Which customers cant participate in our Process architecture domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How important is Process architecture to the user organizations mission?
Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Petri nets issues and display thorough understanding of the Petri nets process.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Process architecture agendas for the next 3 years?
– What business benefits will Process architecture goals deliver if achieved?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Pilot Process calculus outcomes and drive action.
– Is the scope of Process architecture defined?
Process engineering Critical Criteria:
Infer Process engineering engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Process engineering goal is.
– What are the disruptive Process architecture technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Process management failures and drive action.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Process architecture that make it risky?
– Does Process architecture analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Can we do Process architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Look at Process modeling management and get answers.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Process architecture processes of our organization?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Process architecture?
Process theory Critical Criteria:
See the value of Process theory planning and oversee Process theory management by competencies.
– Think about the people you identified for your Process architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Process architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are our needs in relation to Process architecture skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Real-time computing Critical Criteria:
Discourse Real-time computing visions and know what your objective is.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Process architecture project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the key elements of your Process architecture performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Superstructure Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Superstructure management and look at the big picture.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Process architecture is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Process architecture services/products?
System Critical Criteria:
Generalize System quality and look at it backwards.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– What kind of guidance do you follow to ensure that your procurement language is both specific and comprehensive enough to result in acquiring secure components and systems?
– Can the access control product protect individual devices (e.g., floppy disks, compact disks–read-only memory CD-ROM, serial and parallel interfaces, and system clipboard)?
– Do we get input from staff on how the new system has improved their current processes. has the average time to fill a job request decreased?
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– Are we protecting our data properly at rest if an attacker compromises our applications or systems?
– What are the different roles that are played on our systems development team?
– What are the biggest improvements that can be made to the current program?
– What specific functions (or sub-systems) exist within the organization?
– What percentage of rule disjuncts held as dominators (on their own) ?
– Who is the current provider of criminal background screening service?
– What are the key application components of our CRM system?
– What is the annual or total budget for this project?
– Process Challenge Can you integrate what you need ?
– What should change as a result of the project?
– Have you received workers compensation?
– Do you have/plan to have children?
– What are our objectives?
– Where are SoCs Headed?
System of systems Critical Criteria:
Set goals for System of systems risks and correct better engagement with System of systems results.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Process architecture in a volatile global economy?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Process architecture project?
– What is the best definition of System of Systems?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Systems architecture visions and be persistent.
– Does Process architecture include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– In a project to restructure Process architecture outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How much does Process architecture help?
Systems theory Critical Criteria:
Deduce Systems theory leadership and look at the big picture.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Process architecture?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
Workflow Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Workflow tactics and ask questions.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– Have you captured the workflow (which conceptualizes the data inputs, transformations, and analytical steps to achieve the final data output)?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Process architecture does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– What happens to workflows?
Π-calculus Critical Criteria:
Group Π-calculus planning and interpret which customers can’t participate in Π-calculus because they lack skills.
– Is there any existing Process architecture governance structure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Process architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process architecture External links:
Team — Process Architecture IIIIIIIIIII
Dynamics 365 Process architecture – msdn.microsoft.com
Abstraction External links:
Abstraction | Definition of Abstraction by Merriam-Webster
Abstraction (2013) – IMDb
Calculus of communicating systems External links:
A Calculus of Communicating Systems | R. Milner | Apress
The Calculus of Communicating Systems
[PDF]Introduction to Calculus of Communicating Systems …
Complex system External links:
[PDF]What is a Complex System?
Information Modeling and Control of Complex Systems …
Complexity External links:
Complexity Rooms – Connecticut
Dualistic Petri nets External links:
Dualistic Petri nets – 21pw.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture Standards | CDT
Enterprise information security architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
http://Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Flowchart External links:
draw.io – Flowchart Maker & Online Diagram Software
Flowchart Maker & Diagramming Software, Microsoft Visio
Hierarchy External links:
Hierarchy | Definition of Hierarchy by Merriam-Webster
Organizational Hierarchy Structure | Chron.com
Sales Department Jobs Titles Hierarchy | Hierarchy Structure
Information architecture External links:
The Age of Information Architecture | UX Booth
Information Architecture – AbeBooks
Infrastructure External links:
Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners
DS Logon – VA Authentication Federation Infrastructure …
Method engineering External links:
Green Method Engineering Pvt. Ltd – Home | Facebook
Petri net External links:
Petri net – YouTube
What is a Petri Net? | Phrase Definitions – Quora
Safe Petri Net – How is Safe Petri Net abbreviated?
Petri nets External links:
Petri Nets 2018 – Interes.Institute
Infinite Petri Nets : vTools Events
Petri Nets – University of Texas at Austin
Process calculus External links:
CiteSeerX — A Logical Process Calculus 1
Process Calculus as Claims About Changes in System …
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Process engineering External links:
Process Engineering Research & Development Center
Process management External links:
Process Management System | InTechOpen – Open …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Sales Process Management | ProspectStream
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Navvia Process Modeling Software | Process Modelling …
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Process theory External links:
A process theory of organization (eBook, 2014) …
Real-time computing External links:
Real-time computing | Article about Real-time computing …
Real-time computing – definition of Real-time computing …
ERIC – Real-Time Computing in Psychology at the …
Superstructure External links:
superstructure – Thesaurus.com | Synonyms and …
LRFD Steel Girder SuperStructure Design Example – …
LRFD Steel Girder SuperStructure Design Example – …
System External links:
Buildings Information System
System of systems External links:
[PDF]System of Systems Engineering Collaborators …
System of Systems | Overview
[PDF]System of Systems Engineering & Integration …
Systems architecture External links:
The US Navy — Fact File: Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
Systems theory External links:
[PDF]Ecological Systems Theory in Social Work
Systems theory models of decision-making. General systems theory emphasizes the way in which organized systems (human and non …
http://Systems Theory / Therapy – GoodTherapy.org
What is Systems Theory? – Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Workflow External links:
Manually Initiating Workflows on Documents | FileHold
Starting your Workflow | Nintex Community
Wide Area Workflow eBusiness Suite – WAWF