What is involved in Process modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Process modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Process Modeling BPM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Process Modeling BPM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process modeling related domains to cover and 125 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process modeling, Argument, Business architecture, Business model, Business process modeling, Business process reengineering, Change management, Enterprise architecture, Granularity, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Mergers and acquisitions, Method engineering, Model-driven architecture, Model selection, Process, Process architecture, Process calculus, Process flow diagram, Process model, Process ontology, Service-oriented architecture, Six Sigma, Sjaak Brinkkemper, W.S. Humphrey:
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Process modeling planning and display thorough understanding of the Process modeling process.
– In the case of a Process modeling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Process modeling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Process modeling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Process modeling forward?
– What vendors make products that address the Process modeling needs?
Argument Critical Criteria:
Read up on Argument leadership and find out what it really means.
– Who is engaged by change, who wants stability and values past practice, who focuses on relationships or prefers a compelling argument for the change initiative?
– Will Process modeling deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Does Process modeling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What will drive Process modeling change?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Business architecture management and look at the big picture.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Process modeling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Process modeling process?
– In what ways are Process modeling vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Business model planning and develop and take control of the Business model initiative.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– How do we Identify specific Process modeling investment and emerging trends?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
– How much does Process modeling help?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Derive from Business process modeling projects and proactively manage Business process modeling risks.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Process modeling. How do we gain traction?
– Is Process modeling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Does our organization need more Process modeling education?
Business process reengineering Critical Criteria:
Nurse Business process reengineering management and look for lots of ideas.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Process modeling project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Process modeling project lifecycle?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– In a project to restructure Process modeling outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Are there Process modeling Models?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Audit Change management goals and ask what if.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– What are the key elements of your Process modeling performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do you have resources, processes, and methodologies in place to provide training and organizational change management services?
– Does the service providers Change Management process match the customers needs?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– In what scenarios should change management systems be introduced?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What is the latest success strategy in change management?
– Why do we need Change Management?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Confer over Enterprise architecture tasks and prioritize challenges of Enterprise architecture.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Do the Process modeling decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Granularity Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Granularity tasks and sort Granularity activities.
– For audit tracking, state the level of the granularity needed – do you just need to know that someone logged in and out, or do you need to know what screens or records or fields were accessed?
– If our security management product supports access control based on defined rules, what is the granularity of the rules supported: access control per user, group, or role?
– To what level of granularity do the systems objects (e.g., files, directories/folders, components) need to be protected?
– A major challenge in indexing a web site involves the level of granularity of indexing. Do you index web pages?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Process modeling project manager?
– What are the barriers to increased Process modeling production?
Lecture Notes in Computer Science Critical Criteria:
Shape Lecture Notes in Computer Science strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and Lecture Notes in Computer Science strategies.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Process modeling product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we monitor the Process modeling decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is there any existing Process modeling governance structure?
Mergers and acquisitions Critical Criteria:
Look at Mergers and acquisitions adoptions and look at the big picture.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Process modeling ?
– Why is Process modeling important for you now?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Method engineering quality and point out improvements in Method engineering.
– Can we do Process modeling without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How can you measure Process modeling in a systematic way?
– What are the long-term Process modeling goals?
Model-driven architecture Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Model-driven architecture projects and adjust implementation of Model-driven architecture.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Process modeling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What about Process modeling Analysis of results?
– What is our Process modeling Strategy?
Model selection Critical Criteria:
Judge Model selection leadership and probe Model selection strategic alliances.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Process modeling models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are assumptions made in Process modeling stated explicitly?
Process Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Process leadership and attract Process skills.
– IDS/IPS traffic pattern analysis can often detect or block attacks such as a denial-of-service attack or a network scan. However, in some cases this is legitimate traffic (such as using cloud infrastructure for load testing or security testing). Does the cloud provider have a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that the IDS/IPS flags as an attack pattern?
– Were changes made during the file extract period to how the data are processed, such as changes to mode of data collection, changes to instructions for completing the application form, changes to the edit, changes to classification codes, or changes to the query system used to retrieve the data?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– What is your Quality Assurance process to ensure that the large volumes of data gathered in the monitoring process are handled efficiently?
– Support – how can we drive support for using the escalation processes for service, support and billing issues?
– Do we understand our clients business drivers, financial metrics, buying process and decision criteria?
– Are the risk register and Risk Management processes actually effective in managing project risk?
– Is the Executive Director the only person who can implement the change process?
– What would you do differently next time you are involved in a change process?
– Do governance and risk management processes address Cybersecurity risks?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How satisfied were you with the current application process?
– Where specifically is the information processed and stored?
– How can systems thinking be used for process improvement?
– Is there a process in place to examine query logs?
– How many activities compose the process?
– How has the process been adapted?
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Trace Process architecture tactics and describe the risks of Process architecture sustainability.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Process modeling does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Do Process modeling rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we maintain Process modelings Integrity?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Process calculus risks and catalog what business benefits will Process calculus goals deliver if achieved.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Process modeling?
– How to deal with Process modeling Changes?
Process flow diagram Critical Criteria:
Meet over Process flow diagram risks and find the essential reading for Process flow diagram researchers.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Process modeling, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Process modeling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Process modeling values?
Process model Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Process model adoptions and arbitrate Process model techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Is there a defined process model and is it followed?
Process ontology Critical Criteria:
Explore Process ontology leadership and triple focus on important concepts of Process ontology relationship management.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Process modeling into the services that we provide?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Process modeling Management?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Administer Service-oriented architecture tactics and learn.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Process modeling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Process modeling process available?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Process modeling is underway?
– How can you negotiate Process modeling successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Six Sigma management and look at the big picture.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Are accountability and ownership for Process modeling clearly defined?
– Does the Process modeling task fit the clients priorities?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
– Have all basic functions of Process modeling been defined?
Sjaak Brinkkemper Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Sjaak Brinkkemper visions and pioneer acquisition of Sjaak Brinkkemper systems.
– Does Process modeling analysis show the relationships among important Process modeling factors?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Process modeling process?
– Who will provide the final approval of Process modeling deliverables?
W.S. Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Track W.S. Humphrey strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure W.S. Humphrey is getting what it needs.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Process modeling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Process modeling moving forward?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Process Modeling BPM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process modeling External links:
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Navvia Process Modeling Software | Process Modelling …
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Argument External links:
Argument Calendars – Supreme Court of the United States
[PDF]Oral Argument in Civil Matters – Connecticut
Opioid panel’s anti-marijuana argument stirs anger – CNN
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
Business Architecture Jobs – Business Architecture Guild
Business Architecture Guild
Business model External links:
It’s Porn, But Its Business Model Is ‘A World Without Men’
Business Model – Investopedia
Business Model and Entities – WellMed Medical Group
Business process modeling External links:
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
Business process reengineering External links:
[PDF]AIMD-10.1.15 Business Process Reengineering …
Change management External links:
Change Management – United States Department of Defense
Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model – Change Management …
Change Management Consulting Firm | Clerestory Consulting
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Standards | CDT
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Granularity External links:
Granularity | definition of granularity by Medical dictionary
Proper Data Granularity Allows for Stronger Analysis
http://www.isixsigma.com › … › Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)/Gage R&R
Granularity | Define Granularity at Dictionary.com
Lecture Notes in Computer Science External links:
[DOC]Lecture Notes in Computer Science: – APAIS
[DOC]Lecture Notes in Computer Science:
[PDF]Lecture Notes in Computer Science – rd.springer.com
Mergers and acquisitions External links:
“The Sopranos” Mergers and Acquisitions (TV Episode …
Mergers and Acquisitions | Kramer Levin
Mergers and acquisitions (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Method engineering External links:
3.4 Summary of method engineering approaches
Model-driven architecture External links:
Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Model selection External links:
Model Selection | Larson Boats
[PDF]Nonparametric statistics and model selection – mit.edu
[PDF]Lecture 6 Specification and Model Selection Strategies
Process External links:
The Title Process – Get Results Realty
Title Process – Concord Title
Process architecture External links:
Dynamics 365 Process architecture – msdn.microsoft.com
Process calculus External links:
Process calculus. In computer science, the process calculi (or process algebras) are a diverse family of related approaches for formally modelling concurrent systems. Process calculi provide a tool for the high-level description of interactions, communications, and synchronizations between a collection of independent agents or processes.
[1212.2257] A Process Calculus with Logical Operators
Title: A process calculus with finitary comprehended terms
Process flow diagram External links:
A process flow diagram (PFD) is a diagram commonly used in chemical and process engineering to indicate the general flow of plant processes and equipment. The PFD displays the relationship between major equipment of a plant facility and does not show minor details such as piping details and designations. Another commonly used term for a PFD is a flowsheet.
What is a Process Flow Diagram | Lucidchart
Process model External links:
A Process Model. (eBook, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]process model explanation Rev 2-20-09 – ISO 9000 …
[PPT]Software Process Model – StFX – Computer Science
Process ontology External links:
CiteSeerX — Design Process Ontology Approach Proposal
Service-oriented architecture External links:
[PDF]Service-Oriented Architecture for Command and …
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Acuity Institute
What Is Six Sigma?
Online Lean and Six Sigma Training Videos | Gemba Academy
W.S. Humphrey External links:
W.S. Humphrey – topics.revolvy.com