What is involved in Web API
Find out what the related areas are that Web API connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Web API thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Web API journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Web API leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Web API related domains to cover and 136 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Web API, Khronos Group, Web service, DOM events, Semantic Web, Mod jk, EXo Platform, Mod python, O’Reilly Media, Browser extension, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, Software as a service, Distributed file system for cloud, Zadara Storage, Microsoft Online Services, Web IDL, Web application, Virtual private cloud, Web 2.0, HP Cloud, Communications protocol, HTTP handler, Web storage, Simple Common Gateway Interface, Phusion Passenger, Web API, EMC Atmos, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, Mozilla Developer Network, Server-side scripting, Cloud database, XAML Browser Applications, AOT compiler, Comparison of application servers, Open Web Platform, Active Server Pages, Apache HTTP Server, Mod proxy, Portlet container, Rackspace Cloud, HTML5 video, Dynamic web page, Microsoft Azure, Computer network, Hardware virtualization, G Suite, Web framework, Google Native Client, Mozilla Foundation, Web Messaging, Resource Description Framework, Representational state transfer:
Web API Critical Criteria:
Read up on Web API leadership and customize techniques for implementing Web API controls.
– Will Web API deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What will drive Web API change?
Khronos Group Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Khronos Group governance and devise Khronos Group key steps.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Web API process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Web API process available?
– what is the best design framework for Web API organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Why should we adopt a Web API framework?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Web service adoptions and ask what if.
– Think about the people you identified for your Web API project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Web API effort?
– How do we Identify specific Web API investment and emerging trends?
DOM events Critical Criteria:
Understand DOM events governance and define DOM events competency-based leadership.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Web API? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Web API that make it risky?
– Are there Web API Models?
Semantic Web Critical Criteria:
Value Semantic Web visions and forecast involvement of future Semantic Web projects in development.
– How likely is the current Web API plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Does our organization need more Web API education?
Mod jk Critical Criteria:
Investigate Mod jk decisions and research ways can we become the Mod jk company that would put us out of business.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Web API process?
– Does Web API analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Can we do Web API without complex (expensive) analysis?
EXo Platform Critical Criteria:
Grasp EXo Platform strategies and cater for concise EXo Platform education.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Web API in a volatile global economy?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Web API workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How can the value of Web API be defined?
Mod python Critical Criteria:
Shape Mod python tactics and report on setting up Mod python without losing ground.
– What are our needs in relation to Web API skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Do we monitor the Web API decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
O’Reilly Media Critical Criteria:
Audit O’Reilly Media results and differentiate in coordinating O’Reilly Media.
– Will Web API have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What is the purpose of Web API in relation to the mission?
– How much does Web API help?
Browser extension Critical Criteria:
Dissect Browser extension visions and gather Browser extension models .
– How do your measurements capture actionable Web API information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Web API strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Google Docs, Sheets and Slides engagements and report on setting up Google Docs, Sheets and Slides without losing ground.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Web API product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– In what ways are Web API vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How to Secure Web API?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Mine Software as a service outcomes and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Software as a service decisions.
– Does Web API systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– What are specific Web API Rules to follow?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Distributed file system for cloud decisions and stake your claim.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Web API leaders?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Web API study?
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Zadara Storage projects and observe effective Zadara Storage.
– Does Web API analysis show the relationships among important Web API factors?
– Do the Web API decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Do Web API rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Microsoft Online Services strategies and document what potential Microsoft Online Services megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are the key elements of your Web API performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Web API move?
– How will you measure your Web API effectiveness?
Web IDL Critical Criteria:
Recall Web IDL strategies and define what do we need to start doing with Web IDL.
– Is the Web API organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Web API opportunities costing us money?
Web application Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Web application leadership and adjust implementation of Web application.
– I keep a record of names; surnames and emails of individuals in a web application. Do these data come under the competence of GDPR? And do both the operator of the web application and I need to treat them that way?
– Are my web application portfolios and databases ready to migrate to the Windows Azure platform?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Web API objectives?
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
– How do you approach building a large web application?
– What business benefits will Web API goals deliver if achieved?
– How does IT exploit a Web Application?
– Why is Web API important for you now?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Drive Virtual private cloud results and look at it backwards.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Web API does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How can you measure Web API in a systematic way?
Web 2.0 Critical Criteria:
Devise Web 2.0 leadership and plan concise Web 2.0 education.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Web API?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Web API products are done in a way that ensures safety?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Reason over HP Cloud engagements and track iterative HP Cloud results.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Web API goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– To what extent does management recognize Web API as a tool to increase the results?
Communications protocol Critical Criteria:
Discourse Communications protocol failures and proactively manage Communications protocol risks.
– Does Web API include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Which customers cant participate in our Web API domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What vendors make products that address the Web API needs?
HTTP handler Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct HTTP handler decisions and ask questions.
– Do those selected for the Web API team have a good general understanding of what Web API is all about?
– What is our formula for success in Web API ?
Web storage Critical Criteria:
Analyze Web storage failures and find out what it really means.
– Are there Web API problems defined?
– What is our Web API Strategy?
Simple Common Gateway Interface Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Simple Common Gateway Interface tasks and observe effective Simple Common Gateway Interface.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Web API processes?
– Is there any existing Web API governance structure?
Phusion Passenger Critical Criteria:
Confer over Phusion Passenger leadership and devote time assessing Phusion Passenger and its risk.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Web API. How do we gain traction?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Web API is underway?
– How important is Web API to the user organizations mission?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Web API visions and find answers.
– For your Web API project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Think of your Web API project. what are the main functions?
– What are our Web API Processes?
EMC Atmos Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze EMC Atmos strategies and correct better engagement with EMC Atmos results.
– What are all of our Web API domains and what do they do?
– What are the short and long-term Web API goals?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
X-ray Abiquo Enterprise Edition adoptions and improve Abiquo Enterprise Edition service perception.
– Is Web API Required?
Mozilla Developer Network Critical Criteria:
Look at Mozilla Developer Network results and mentor Mozilla Developer Network customer orientation.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Web API?
Server-side scripting Critical Criteria:
Guard Server-side scripting leadership and mentor Server-side scripting customer orientation.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Web API, including any consulting or professional services?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Chat re Cloud database adoptions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Cloud database results.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Web API values?
– Do we have past Web API Successes?
XAML Browser Applications Critical Criteria:
Give examples of XAML Browser Applications engagements and devise XAML Browser Applications key steps.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Web API been identified and analyzed?
– How is the value delivered by Web API being measured?
AOT compiler Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase AOT compiler failures and get the big picture.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Web API?
– How do we go about Securing Web API?
Comparison of application servers Critical Criteria:
Match Comparison of application servers risks and explain and analyze the challenges of Comparison of application servers.
– Is a Web API Team Work effort in place?
– Are there recognized Web API problems?
– Is the scope of Web API defined?
Open Web Platform Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Open Web Platform outcomes and do something to it.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Web API strengthening and reform actually originate?
Active Server Pages Critical Criteria:
Discuss Active Server Pages results and get answers.
Apache HTTP Server Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Apache HTTP Server risks and overcome Apache HTTP Server skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do we measure improved Web API service perception, and satisfaction?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Web API processes?
Mod proxy Critical Criteria:
Jump start Mod proxy tasks and stake your claim.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Web API processes?
– How do we Improve Web API service perception, and satisfaction?
Portlet container Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Portlet container tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Portlet container users.
– Does the Web API task fit the clients priorities?
– How do we go about Comparing Web API approaches/solutions?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Confer over Rackspace Cloud leadership and report on setting up Rackspace Cloud without losing ground.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Web API project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Web API project lifecycle?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Web API project?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
HTML5 video Critical Criteria:
Drive HTML5 video strategies and triple focus on important concepts of HTML5 video relationship management.
– How can you negotiate Web API successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the barriers to increased Web API production?
Dynamic web page Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Dynamic web page quality and question.
– Who will provide the final approval of Web API deliverables?
– What is Effective Web API?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Meet over Microsoft Azure adoptions and get out your magnifying glass.
– How would one define Web API leadership?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Computer network decisions and look at the big picture.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Consider Hardware virtualization adoptions and tour deciding if Hardware virtualization progress is made.
– Have all basic functions of Web API been defined?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Drive G Suite results and forecast involvement of future G Suite projects in development.
Web framework Critical Criteria:
Value Web framework visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Web framework.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Web API forward?
– How do we know that any Web API analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Google Native Client Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Google Native Client decisions and get the big picture.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Web API with what users do day-to-day?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Web API project?
Mozilla Foundation Critical Criteria:
Look at Mozilla Foundation tasks and report on setting up Mozilla Foundation without losing ground.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Web API objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How can we improve Web API?
Web Messaging Critical Criteria:
Boost Web Messaging visions and report on developing an effective Web Messaging strategy.
– Is Supporting Web API documentation required?
Resource Description Framework Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Resource Description Framework engagements and acquire concise Resource Description Framework education.
– Why are Web API skills important?
Representational state transfer Critical Criteria:
Grasp Representational state transfer projects and overcome Representational state transfer skills and management ineffectiveness.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Web API Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Web API External links:
Using the Web API for iOS – Build with Square
Create a Web API with ASP.NET Core and VS Code
Navionics Web API v2 – LAKE OF THE WOODS
Khronos Group External links:
Vulkan Overview – The Khronos Group Inc
The Khronos Group | Teespring
Khronos Group – Official Site
Web service External links:
WebRouter Web Service – IBM
MSU Police Web Service
Free BIN/IIN Lookup Web Service – binlist.net
DOM events External links:
Summary: DOM events (article) | DOM events | Khan Academy
http://www.khanacademy.org › … › HTML/JS: Making webpages interactive
Semantic Web External links:
As of 2015, is the semantic web dead? – Updated 2017 – Quora
Semantic Web Flashcards | Quizlet
Semantic Web Working Group SPARQL endpoint
Mod jk External links:
RockKrawler 2.5″ Stock Mod JK Lift – Wanderingtrail
Mod Proxy AJP Versus Mod JK – Round 1 – Contegix
EXo Platform External links:
eXo platform – Frequently Asked Questions
eXo Platform Reviews | G2 Crowd
eXo Platform – Home | Facebook
O’Reilly Media External links:
Software Architecture Training from O’Reilly Media
Full Outer Joins in Oracle9 i – O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly Media – Home | Facebook
Browser extension External links:
AddThis Browser Extensions No Longer Supported – …
RetailMeNot Genie: Free Browser Extension for Coupons …
As of September 2017, the AddThis browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are no longer supported.
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides External links:
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides – Adelphi University
Software as a service External links:
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Software as a Service | Accenture
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
Distributed file system for cloud – Revolvy
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Distributed file system for cloud
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage – Home | Facebook
Zadara Storage | Crunchbase
Zadara Storage (@ZadaraStorage) | Twitter
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Microsoft Online Services Advisor – partner.microsoft.com
Download Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant …
Web application External links:
InspectAll: Web Application
Web Application Definition – Computer
Virtual private cloud External links:
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) | Google Cloud Platform
Virtual Network – Virtual Private Cloud | Microsoft Azure
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud – Official Site
Web 2.0 External links:
Web 2.0 Military Style | Article | The United States Army
Nantucket Web 2.0
Wholesale SEO Services – Web 2.0 Ranker
HP Cloud External links:
Using HP Cloud Recovery Client – YouTube
hp cloud matrix – Staples Inc.
HP Cloud Reviews | Latest Customer Reviews and Ratings
Communications protocol External links:
Electronic Communications Protocol | Chron.com
Modbus-Simple Communications Protocol
HTTP handler External links:
asp.net – HTTP handler vs HTTP module – Stack Overflow
How to: Configure an HTTP Handler Extension in IIS
Walkthrough: Creating a Synchronous HTTP Handler
Web storage External links:
Azure Web Storage Explorer v1.0.115
Windows Azure Web Storage Explorer – Home
How do I manage web storage “browser limits” settings in …
Simple Common Gateway Interface External links:
CGI – Simple Common Gateway Interface Class
SCGI: Simple Common Gateway Interface – Python
Simple Common Gateway Interface – TheFreeDictionary
Phusion Passenger External links:
Phusion Passenger Discussions (deprecated) – Google …
Quickstart: Ruby + Phusion Passenger – Passenger Library
What is Phusion Passenger? – Quora
Web API External links:
Using the Web API for iOS – Build with Square
ASP.NET Web API | The ASP.NET Site
Create a Web API with ASP.NET Core and VS Code
EMC Atmos External links:
[PDF]EMC Atmos Programmer’s Guide
EMC Atmos Generation 3 G3 – SSCS
List of EMC Atmos language specific bindings – DECN
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
OvumAbiquo – Abiquo Enterprise Edition – Ovum
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – WOW.com
Mozilla Developer Network External links:
Mozilla Developer Network – Google+
Mozilla Developer Network – Home | Facebook
Mozilla Developer Network – Quora
Server-side scripting External links:
PHP server-side scripting language
Cloud database External links:
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
SQL Database – Cloud Database as a Service | Microsoft Azure
XAML Browser Applications External links:
WPF XAML Browser Applications (XBAPs) that target …
AOT compiler External links:
angular2 aot – Angular 4 AOT Compiler – Stack Overflow
Does Mono AOT compiler generate native arm code? – …
Comparison of application servers External links:
Comparison of application servers – seomastering.com
Open Web Platform External links:
Open Web Platform – Home | Facebook
Active Server Pages External links:
What exactly are Active Server Pages? – …
Redirecting to Active Server Pages
Timeout expired – ASP / Active Server Pages
Apache HTTP Server External links:
Download – The Apache HTTP Server Project
mod_userdir – Apache HTTP Server – Greyhound
Mod proxy External links:
Mod Proxy AJP Versus Mod JK – Round 1 – Contegix
Load Balancing using Apache mod proxy | Technology …
Portlet container External links:
JBoss Portlet Container
Portlet container – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Cloud Drive | Rackspace Hosting
PubCon Exhibitor : Rackspace Cloud – Pubcon
HTML5 video External links:
HTML5Video.org – HTML5 Video Library & Web Video …
Brightcove Player HTML5 Video Player | Brightcove
Dynamic web page External links:
How to develop a dynamic web page using PHP | Web Design
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio
Microsoft Azure Essentials | Azure training – cloud services
Computer network External links:
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
G Suite External links:
G Suite | Google for Education
G Suite for Lehigh
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® – Google
Web framework External links:
Web Framework: Indiana University
Macaron – a high productive and modular web framework in Go
Google Native Client External links:
Google Native Client 3D Model Viewer – YouTube
Mozilla Foundation External links:
Mozilla Foundation Volunteer Opportunities – VolunteerMatch
Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories — Mozilla
Mozilla Foundation – GuideStar Profile
Web Messaging External links:
Web Messaging – LivePerson
Web Messaging Samples – silverstar.com
Web Messaging Samples – Amarillo College
Resource Description Framework External links:
Resource Description Framework (RDF) Model and …
[PDF]1. RDF: Resource Description Framework 2. For …
An Introduction to the Resource Description Framework
Representational state transfer External links:
Representational State Transfer (REST) – Service Architecture
What is REST (Representational state transfer)? – YouTube
Representational State Transfer (REST) – reddit